Friday, November 28, 2014

Premiere Screening of Penguins of Madagascar

Hi hi!

Wow so thanks to work that puts money in my belly, I hardly have the time to go for movie premieres now. *sobs* 

I super miss my unemployment life. LET ME BE A RECKLESS TEENAGER AGAINNN!

Anyway, all the melodramatics aside, I did go for Big Hero 6 premiere but I just don't have the time to slowly type out a review. Anyway, I am now writing on the LRT while leaning against the pole with my legs kangkang (open wide)  so I won't fall. LIKE A GLAMOROUS OL YO! 

So yesterday I risked sleeping on the job to catch the premiere of Penguins of Madagascar! All thanks to le very generous Nuffnang! So here we go!


I am rather selective with screenings now but all self control is lost as soon as I saw the poster for Penguins of Madagascar! In Madagascar 2 and 3 they're like this super smart and funny characters. They totally deserved their own movie.


So cute using stripes to camouflage themselves


I would rate it a ★★★★★★☆☆☆ (7/10)! Meaning, BY MY EVER CHILDISH DEFINITION, it's quite a good movie. The overall storyline is unfortunately predictable but ah well their target audience is like what.. 10 year olds? 

The story is basically about 4 penguins challenging their stereotyped cuteness trait and wanting to MAKE IT BIG. They are led by Skipper who I my opinion is the funniest. Cause how can one penguin be smart, but say the dumbest things?!


Skipper and his 'enemy' voiced by Benedict Cumberbatch!! <3
Still not sure whether is name is Classified or classified. Get my lame joke?


The story also surrounds Private, the youngest penguin, trying to prove its worth but is TOO DAMN ADORABLE TO BE TAKEN SERIOUSLY! But kids show being kids show, the ending is totally expected.

But the predictable storyline is compensated with the unexpectedly good jokes. I laughed so much that night. And up-ed my lame joke level at the same time! Hehe. I wonder how they even come up with all the puns and random name jokes. Did 9Gag help them write the script or something?


Jokes like..
"Nicholas, cage them."
Or 
"Drew, Berry, more power!!!"

Totally caught me off guard. Kudos to the producers!

Oh oh besides the funny animated film, I also watched it in D-box! I've heard about the whole moving seat thing but I've never tried it until now. If you ask me though, I don't like it because I ended up getting seat-sick.. ya know like car sick but I got it cause I'm on a moving seat? *ba-dum-tss*


3 special rows of D-Box seats at the back of the hall


All the rumors about how most people felt nothing cause it's just mild vibration is also NOT TRUE. The seat actually moves according to the movie scenes. Like when Skipper turns left, the chair tilts left too. Of course, not super exaggerated tilting la! After all, this isn't motion master! Just an enhanced movie experience. But with the seat moving and all... It isn't exactly the most comfortable experience. Given that I have to move left and right for the shared popcorn, it's just not a very good combination.

But fret not, you can choose the intensity of how much you want your ass to be jiggled. For me it was STRONG for the first 15 minutes.. and mild for the rest of the movie. Haha. What a loser.

ANYWAY!

Back to the movie, PENGUINS ARE CUTE AND CUDDLY! Watch watch! Some comedy to slow down the usual busy life is what most of us need nowadays. Go get a good laugh! Relax yourself! Hehe.




Okay. Unfortunately I've reached my station. Have to close this fast or else I'll miss my stop!

Bye bye now!

See ya next premiere~ ♡

P/S: I AM OFFICIALLY A MONASH GRADUATE!!!! Gonna write a special post about it when I get the pictures. Hehe. Here's a sneak peek;)


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...