Sunday, October 11, 2015

Music Run 2015

If you kinda know me personally, I guess you'd be wondering did I catch a severe case of fever cause ..
OMG FINALLY STEPH JOINED SOME SPORTS ACTIVITY!!
Yea doing some actual sports is like snow in Malaysia for my case haha. Can't blame me right? Blame how As in report card is more important than A in sports lol. But seriously kids, stay in school and stay in sports. Your future body will thank you some day.

So I did join the Music Run 2015 in Sepang F1 Circuit.


It's a run for beginners since it's only 5km. There's a few reasons why I joined the race actually...
  1. I was very intrigued by the idea of segregating the track into 5 music zones so you get to enjoy different genres of music while running
  2. It's free
  3. Always wanted to join a marathon cause ya know... Everybody been joining one lol so kiasu
  4. Refer to reason 2
  5. I think I can handle 5km.. It's relatively shorter than like 10km or 21km lol
It was a very interesting concept to me that music will be blasted through the speakers and you can enjoy the music while running. Not so boring and no anti-social headphones required. Also, the stars are aligned in my favor and I manage to get last minute free tickets so yea! WHY NOT RIGHT?! At least can get free goodie bag right? Hahaha damn I feel super aunty! But really, I was very excited to finally try this marathon running thing that everyone seems to be very into lately. It's about the experience you gain while trying something new right?

So I made my way to Sepang and hello traffic jam.. I officially declare I have road rage issue and my bf called me a speed demon fml. But I was very pleased with the ample parking space and how the organizing committee arranged everything decently with proper guides and stuff. It wasn't a havoc with people fighting for parking or wondering where is the parking. Give them a huge thumbs up!

Before the marathon, there's a space with food trucks, games, a stage and toilets.. Haha. It's those portable blue toilets and a lot of people were like so happy to see those toilets and die die also must go pee for fun wtf! 

Blue toilets..... somehow very special lol

Since I was late so I missed the opening act by Paper Plane Pursuit so by the time I reach there, all I can see was the emcee rushing everyone go the starting gate. 


Look at the crowd

The gate officially opens at 5pm but I only flagged off at 5:45pm (the 7th wave). Even in a run also I can procrastinate lol. 

To the horizon!!
First stop: Rock zone!

Starting point

Oh meet my inflatable guitar! Lol

Not a huge fan of loud music so I thought I'm gonna dash through this 1km but NAHHHH~ I loved the music. They were playing classics like "We are The Champions" by The Queen and "We Will Rock You". Songs that you CANNOT hate lol. So I just enjoy and sing along (the music were so loud no one can hear you anyway.. Hopefully) and walked. Really, it's so odd to run cause everyone else is walking. You run. You'll bump into people. So I just did my corporate walk instead.

Corporate walk: My way of defining the speed of walking when you walk to work, walk to lunch and walk from work to home. Usually faster than normal walking speed. 

The first 1km was easy. Hardly felt anything lol

Second stop: Pop zone


Oh this stretch was fun! Took the longest time to pass here because there's so many things to see. Oh yeap for every zone, there's like games and places for you to take pictures. Attracted quite a large crowd at each stop so I don't even bother looking at most of them.

They are pretty to look at though 

But I did get attracted by one of the roadshow kinda things in the pop zone because...

OF THIS

So fun so fun!

Sorta got the hang of it but still think it's scary! So hard to get down from it but at least I got it to move forward a little hehe.

Not to mention that there's a huge oil tank there and HOW OFTEN DO YOU TAKE PICTURE WITH AN OIL TANK! Must be jakun and climb up for a picture.


The music here was just normal radio music like "Bang Bang", "I Really Really Really Really Like You" and "Uptown Funk".

Third stop: Old School zone

I was feeling so old here.. really. I don't know when or why but Backstreet Boys are now in the old school category?! So 90s are the old school generation now? WUT!

They do have some legit old school songs like "Dancing Queen" and "Beat It". But 90s music too? DANG!!

Got some 100 plus to revive my body! Feels so freshen up after drinking some refreshments. Was feeling like dying before that because I just passed a slope. Going uphill is definitely a battle. That's why a lot of people took the shortcut and cut straight to Dance zone by running across the field, missing out the entire Hip Hop zone lol 

Fourth stop: Hip Hop zone

Hm.. don't remember anything interesting with this zone... "New York" by Alicia Keys and Jay-Z and "Airplanes" by B.O.B and Hayley Williams are the only two songs that caught my attention throughout the zone cause... I don't remember the rest dy! Haha

I did get to vandalize legally 

Fifth stop: Dance zone    
THE FINAL 1KM OMG! I feel like I can see my ancestors waving at me dy!! Please ah for someone who doesn't do sports, 5km is quite a big deal for me. Haha.

The large banner got deflated.. so unfortunate

Everyone was even slower than before in this zone because everyone was taking selfies of passing the finishing mark! Yours truly cannot lose out one! Joined in and took some selfie too before crossing the finishing line! Hehe *shameless*

Oh look my guitar again! Haha

Afterwards, we got our medal and headed towards the exit.

Earned with sweat!

They have after run concert which I totally just skipped it because I was quite hungry and tired. Perhaps when I'm with a huge gang of friends I would but when I'm with my bf alone I totally wouldn't la lol. He's been keeping an eye on me making sure I won't lost my way throughout the 5km dy. Blend in such a huge crowd then he definitely need to get some help announcing my name wtf!

Pretty booth

Sorry for the blur picture. Used zoom in cause I was standing quite far away lol

But I gotta say, the energy was incredible and I kinda wish I did stay put a little longer. 

So there you have it! Recorded my virgin run experience! I really think the energy of the run was so on! Everyone's happy and excited. The ambiance was fun! I quite like it! If I ever decided to start exercing, I think marathon is quite a good sport! Hehe

Okay, I think I will sore very badly tomorrow (it's 1am now and I still consider it the same day as the music run since I haven't sleep tonight)!

Gonna update again soon!

Bye bye now~~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...