Sunday, November 29, 2015

My (Kinda) Love Story

Reposting this post from my Dayre. The purpose of blogging has always been to store up memories and I think this post is meant to be here. A major throwback story about my bf and I. How it all started...

Now I'm thinking of my own love story. Actually I don't consider myself having one. Haha. But I've decided to write it here while the memory is still there wtf!My bf already forgot most of it. Just snip-its here and there lol
"My (kinda) Love Story"
I still remember the 1st impression I have of him.
I thought he was a she
Haha it wasn't because of his appearance. It was cause we were in the Further Mathematics class in A-level. Mechanics 1 to be exact. The teacher was a sarcastic bald man who can be quite funny at times but I belive he thinks he's HILARIOUS. He was giving examples of a pulley or something and he needed examples. Particularly a girl and a boy. He looked through his list to find a girl to have called out my bf's name CWS. he thought it was a girl's name but on the contrary...  A boy stood up

The class laughed. And so did I.

But I didn't know who he is then. 

I have my gang of friends. He has his. A mere classmate who I thought our worlds will never collide.

He didn't make any impression on me after that.. for a while actually. I'm totally indifferent of his existence. And so is he of mine.

I remembered he always hangs out with a girl called Grace. Grace, like her name was very beautiful and friendly. She can talk to everyone like miss congeniality. I befriended her in class one day and that's how I slowly notice my bf's existence wtf!

I didn't hang out with her a lot. Just for classes and that's it at the beginning. Then Grace decided to run for secretary of the student council. I was all supportive of her. After all, when you know friends running for something you just go all out supporting right?

Most of my friends were quite unfazed with election kinda thing. So I joined a guy named Thomas and my bf for the election speech and voting. I knew Thomas from orientation. Honestly I was closer to Thomas than I am with my bf then! Haha. So I was looking for Thomas's companion for the election's speech instead of my bf's. Think at that point Thomas officially introduced me to my bf. I was just oh okay.. the dude that hangs out a lot with Grace. Speaks English. And that was it. Lol
I was the one who asked for his number 
Woah woah before judging me for being so forward, you should know why I asked for his number.

I had to leave after the election and I couldn't wait for the election results. So I asked for his number so he could update me did with Grace win her secretary post. But that asshole...
Forgot to update me!!
I really had a OMG THIS DUDE SUCKS kinda moment cause he forgot about me! Lol. Normal right to feel pissed off! but I brushed it off cause I assume it's cause I was a nobody to him so it's just normal for him to ignore me???
He's still the guy who hung out with Grace and Thomas. He's still that guy who's always gaming in the Computer Lab.

You can assume how I'm totally unimpressed by him. I am quite annoyed with guys who game in the Computer Lab cause they're always SO DAMN LOUD! Automatically he didn't have a good impression on me.

Anyway, eventually we did merge into a large group of friends. I quite like A-level because of this. Everyone from the intake knows everyone. Cause every intake is quite small and it's very easy to know A through B and B through C kinda thing. Common area is always filled with chattering. Coming from a Chinese Ed background, the outgoing-ness of everyone was very new to me. I don't remember when or why did I hang out with my bf more. I remembered it was a lot of lunches with the group. A lot of library session. A lot of fun. A lot of everything. 

But none that I recall being alone with my bf. I didn't particularly tried to impress him nor did he try to suit for me. It was just a very friendly atmosphere.


Slowly, we started texting each other a lot. And FB spamming each other's wall.

I AM SUPER DENSE! I DID NOT SENSE ANYTHING IS GOING ON BETWEEN US! LOL

I still considered him as Grace and Thomas's close friend that kinda thing.

While my friends had a significantly clearer picture than me. They purposely arranged it so my bf and I can sit alone at the side during movie outings. 

And during the after movie drinking session, a guy asked him if he has anything for me and my bf said...
 No
Which didn't crush my heart by the way. It was sort of expected cause I thought he was interested in another girl instead! Lol. Okay fine fine I was a little dissapointed. A form of rejection I guess?

Then in one of the games, he was challenged to give me a kiss AND HE DID! Now that I look at it, he's a complete opportunistic! Haha. Took the chance like a boss. A kiss on my cheek. It was my 1st kiss from a guy. I was a little... fascinated and having this warm feeling inside.

Perhaps the kiss made him a little more.... Aggressive? Because the next day. He confessed to me 
Through text 
CUE ROMANCE! HAHAHHA

I know la texting is very kiddish but we were kids. And we were on a study break so we weren't in collage. Anyway he confessed la. A very simple one. I still remember clearly that I was eating McDonald's when it happened. I finished my burger before replying him and I got him worried a little. I didn't wanna sound desperate or anything so I gave myself a burger before replying him. Lol

Of course I had to ask why did he said no during the drinking game and it was part of his...
"Plan"
He didn't wanna let the game ruin his plan wtf! The way I see it.. he confessed through text so what plan?! Hahaha. Anyway, since it's study break right? We spent the next few anniversaries prepare or sitting for exams wtf! Kids, pick your confession timing properly! Lol

And that's how we got together. 

 I know right.. no story line, no climax, no nothing one! Hahahha.

I did ask him when did he realize that he's in love with me.

He told me it was when I accidentally locked myself behind the emergency exit and *genius* couldn't find a way out. I called him cause we were culprits in skipping the same mechanics class! Haha. 

He told me...
I wonder why did I get so anxious for this fella
Cause he came and literally rescued me out. But he memang got face problem. I thought he looked more annoyed than worried of me.

Our first date was quite anti-climatic too. The unofficial one involved Grace and another friend Jeremy. We didn't hold hands or anything cause my bf was too shy. I was sitting at the back while Jer sat in front. He told Jer about us dating after dropping me and Grace off. And Grace sensed something fishy and questioned my bf. It seems like I'm really the dense one among my friends gee...

For our official date date...
It was in The Curve
My mom dropped me off! Haha. Lack of transportation then wtf! We didn't hold hands until we went into the cinema and he hugged me.. He brought me a teddy bear and I still have it with me until now. I told him before this that I am quite unimpressed that he asked me through text so halfway through the movie he asked me again...
Can you be my gf?
I nodded. Shy leh! Hahah

Then he asked was that it? So I gave him a kiss on his cheek.

I asked him.. was that enough?

He said nope and leaned forward and kissed my lips. Technically he went french and both of us sucked at it! Hahaha! We got bettet now just FYI! 

And that kiss sealed the deal.
That's my little how we went from totally friends to couple love story.
Actually not very loving hor? But....

That was 5.5 years ago

Now... He's my lover
My best friend.
My shoulder to lean on
My future.
My sanctuary.
My boyfriend.

It wasn't easy being together.
We have our fair share of arguments.
He walks too fast while I walk too slow. Now we walk in a synchronized manner.
Falling in love was by chance, staying in love with you...
Is by choice  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...