Sunday, May 18, 2014

Johnny Rockets: An American Diner in Malaysia

Hello hello!

Honestly my blog has been so pathetic with little views and little updates! But I won't give up! Made a deal with Mr. Editor to blog for 2 years at least. So all I can do is pray to the 'blog angel' and hope for some improvement soon!

Anyways as the title suggests, its a 



After going Escape room and a Red Box session, about 10 of us decided to go to the famous Johnny Rockets that everyone been talking about for dinner. 1st of all, here's an OOTD with a very much forgotten top I bought from HK! I love the oversized effect plus the material is so comfortable I can just hug myself the whole day!


Top and shoes from HK! Long forgotten top. 


Escape room was amazing too! I wish it's less pricey actually. But that'll be another story.

I heard that Johnny Rockets is full house most of the time so I made reservations a few hours before dinner. The staff are very nice and attended to my reservation patiently. I also changed my reservation time a few times and they did not show one bit of annoyance! That's work ethics man! 

Reached there around 8:15pm and the moment I stepped in the diner, I feel like I'm in an American movie because the whole interior is based on the actual US Johnny Rockets! From the black and white tiled floor, to the clean white ceiling tiles, the design definitely sets it apart from other restaurants.


Neon light sign board


Glass entrance


Even the tables have branding.


Red and white chair! So retro


From where I'm sitting. Can you feel the whole diner vibe?
Ignore the modern Dyson fan please


Even the bartender inside is very friendly too!
Their friendliness is so addictive! Why can't all restaurants offer this level of service?


Not to mention those really American style decorations like Jukebox at the entrance, song lists by the table and neon lights galore, further enhances the 80s American diner aura. BUT! Most of the decorations are just for display only. They don't really work. I actually pressed the buttons for a full minute waiting for something to happen like a baby with a new Fisher-Price toy. 


Cool but doesn't work


Supposingly you can just key the song code and it'll broadcast across the restaurant but..
It doesn't work either




Hygienic straw container! I love


The vibe of the diner is also crazy awesome! Every half an hour or so the staff will line up and do a little dance to entertain the guests. They will do 3 rounds in 3 areas of the restaurant so that everyone can get a full view of their performance. Kudos to the staff for dancing so happily. I guess that's one of the requirements; for the staff to be happy all the time.

Okay time for the main show! The food! 

Since they're tag line is 'the most original burger'' it's dumb not to order their burger right? So I ordered their Bacon Cheddar Single because I saw the word BACON! Everything is extra good with bacon right? I didn't thought about sharing because I was so hungry that I feel my stomach eating itself. So *drum rolls*


Temptation at its finest


With french fries and salad.


Taadaa here it is! There's salad as well for you health lover. I am a meat lover so I totally skipped the salad and dive straight in to the burger. The burger patty is so juicy. Along with the crunchy lettuce and bacon the burger is begging me to take another bite. But the down side is the buns are quite thick and dry. It gets a little hard to swallow half way through. The content between the two buns is irresistible though. 


Onion, bacon, patty and lettuce. Nyoms~


My friends tried a variety of other burgers and everyone seemed to enjoy theirs. But the portion is quite big. Most of us girls struggled to finish and have to get a doggy bag. Guys also struggled to finish their double burger. So I guess sharing is a good idea for you guys who plan to go there. 


The Classic


Smoke house single
(Gave up taking pictures after this because I was too hungry. You understand right?)


But the French fries are quite unflattering. I was expecting a burst of potatoes when I take a bite but no... It feels like the normal McD fries. Actually scratch that, it's more like the soggy McD fries. Not worth being next to the burger.

The milkshake is indeed as good as rumored! The vanilla milkshake tasted like melted vanilla ice cream. The fragrant and the taste of the milkshake is to die for. I will so totally go back for more. Guess I'll try strawberry one the next time. Tho for RM 14, the next visit will be when my purse recover from ICU again.


So so so so good!


The price to me was like normal western meals. Which is quite pricey for normal daily meals so I guess I will be visiting it once in a blue moon. Here's the menu for you guys to refer and budget.


















Overall,  I think Johnny Rockets is certainly a restaurant with great vibes and good burgers! Will definitely go back again, even if its just for the milkshakes!

Okay that's the end of my review. Another update coming soon~

Bye bye~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...