Saturday, June 14, 2014

It is nice being short isn't it?

Hello hello~

Have you heard of the saying that you have so much to do and you ended up doing nothing at all? I am experiencing exactly that. What other way to embrace your final semester than a crazy hectic weekly routine right? I have at least 1 assignment and 1 quiz due EVERY week. It is so mentally exhausting. Now I miss my summer holidays so so much. All I need to do is sleep, eat, go on social media and do some occasional blogging. I don't even have time for movie preview anymore. How upsetting. Anyways, since I am feeling super stressed out, I figure I should take a day off to eat, drink, sleep and blog. Why is it so easy to come up with 2000 words here but so dreadful when doing assignment?

Social media is definitely keeping me alive from the busy life. And my new addiction? Dayre!

It's like flipping through someone's personal dairy without breaching the ethical code. I like to read about other people's life. Especially bloggers like XiaXue, QiuQiu or FourFeetNine. I regret not following fourfeetnine earlier cause her Dayre is so lovely to read. I also followed Timothy Tiah cause well they're like a set....ish? It is so adorable when Timothy Tiah refers fourfeetnine as 'Shorty'. Just FYI she's really just 4'9". Saw her during Nuffnang Is 007 Birthday Bash.

Then it hit me! All my life people has been telling me how they envy my height and they are just too short. I am 5'7" by the way.


This is how tall I am compared to a Audi R8. I am wearing 3" heels so that make me 5'10"?


Which is not really tall supermodel height but just above average. It's kinda genetics I guess since the shortest person in my family is 5'5". 

But the thing is.. I find it quite cute to be short. There are certain things that only short people can do while tall people can't. For instance, I never bothered to use a doting tone on anyone or try to act like those really cute girls because I feel like a GIANT asking for a pacifier. It just doesn't seems to match! I have been told a few times
" Don't act cute lah! So creepy! Doesn't suit you at all"
(Malaysian slang intended)

It's like when you're tall, you tend to look more mature and sophisticated. I hate standing next to my shorter friends because I feel really HUGE! While they're so tiny and cute. So isn't it nice to be short? You get to look adorable all the time. Plus, short people seems to be so AGELESS! I mean, they do age but somehow still manage to look exactly the same. It's like baby face have to be paired up with short people. They always look like they're 18 while tall people's age is usually their age+2. SO UNFAIR!!

Another thing is, tall people have difficulties looking for nice dresses or skirts. Case in point..


My OOTD for my very first movie screening, Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Go read my review if you haven't! Then watch the movie!


Look at this skater skirt I bought from an online shop called Ultraviolet. The quality of the skirt is super awesome. The material are not like those cheapskate shop. It is actually very thick and the colour does not fade. Waited for almost a month for the skirt and it is super worth it. But there's only one problem... If I actually tip toe a little, anyone who is standing behind me will get a free show. Yes the skirt is too short for me despite being free sized. And I actually saw a bunch of girls wearing that skirt from the same online shop and guess what? IT WAS OVER THE KNEE LENGTH FOR THEM! How? Why? See. Short people will never have to worry about that. Trendy skirts, goodbye~

Another funny/sad story is that one time, when I was buying a pair of jeans from Romp, I was forced to buy an M size jeans because I have long legs. So if I were to buy S, it would fit my hips perfectly but it will be hanging because it's not long enough. If I buy M, it'll fit my legs perfectly BUT it's so loose. I ended up buying M and a belt.

I also recently realized that I can peep into the cubicle next to mine in a squat toilet because the floor was slightly levitated. So when I stand there, I can just peep whoever's next to me. But seriously I don't! I do not wanna see another person doing their big business. Will totally ruin my appetite. It is just another very awkward discovery for me. 

Being short is also nicer when standing next to your boyfriend/partner. When you're tall, it is more likely that your partner will be shorter than you. It feels like short girls can get more pampering and protection from their partner. Because they're so tiny, it feels like their partner has to protect them more from the tall world. I just find couple with the combination of short girl and tall guy extra sweet. I heard them complaining about the neck ache and back ache before but hey, it's so worth it. Like how Timothy Tiah calls fourfeetnine 'Shorty'. It feels like he's protecting his small and timid wife that's just so tiny that she needs all the protection from her man. Short girls can snuggle completely in her partner's arms too right? Like a secret hideout. Contrast too tall people plus tall people combo. They look more like chopsticks than sweet couple really. 

Yes tall people get their benefits too like passing all the minimum job requirements that have a height limit, more sexy, easy to be spotted, can reach for the top shelf and not getting treated like an arm rest. I am guilty for the last one cause I sort of automatically rest my arm on a shorter friend's shoulder. I tried not too because it's super uncomfortable for my short friend.

But seriously I don't think it matters that much when it comes to height. You can be tall or short and be nasty and annoying at the same. You also can be very nice to everyone regardless of height. I still have assignments due even if I am 4'9". I guess I was just curious how does it feel like being a shorty.

Well, back to reality. I will be a nerd until further notice.

See ya~ 

PS: What happened to you, Spain? 1-5 really?!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...