Saturday, July 12, 2014

Set Sail At Boat Noodle

Howdy!

I know this is totally irrelevant to my post but I am currently having hiccup and it just won't go away! So annoying! Then again, it is also my problem cause I refuse to get myself downstairs to grab my water bottle. I kinda deserved it since.. I am being too lazy here. 

Anyway, today's post is not about hiccups. Time for a...


A while back, I noticed a lot of people on Instagram started posting pictures of mountains of bowls and claimed that they can eat like 60 bowls of noodles. So I was really curious and I started nosing around and found out that it is from a place call Boat Noodle. No matter who I asked, they usually hard sell how A BOWL OF NOODLE IS ONLY RM 2! 

Yeap.. No one even bother telling me is it like RM 2 for a bowl of gold or RM 2 for a bowl of "gold" (think brown and eww).  What better way to know than to try on your own right?

It was not an easy journey for me to actually get a taste of it too. I actually went to the wrong place TWICE because I got so confused with names. Partly because I wasn't reading attentively when I am Google-ing for that place (guilty face). Boat Noodle is actually located in Empire Damansara and I vaguely remember seeing some similar name shop in One City Mall but it turned out to be Noodle House. Not Boat Noodle. Aha. My fault for getting the shop name wrong BUT at least I took some Bimbo pictures there. So it is not ALL that bad!


A very beautiful wall of flowers! Couldn't resist for an OOTD!


After that, since it says Empire Damansara, I thought it was in Empire Shopping Gallery but clearly I was wrong.. again! But we managed to realize our mistake within 15 minutes so.. no need to pay parking. Wasn't all THAT bad right? (major guilty face)

With all the hardship and FINALLY.... *drum roll*


So close to tearing up when I FINALLY got the place right!


Upon reaching, I noticed there are quite a lot of tables with very narrow walk lane. Probably to fit more customers in a not very big shop. I went during lunch time and it was relatively full. But don't fret, they have cute little chairs just right outside the shop so you are spared from the agony of standing!


Quite nostalgic. Like primary school wooden chair.


There's also some tables outside but it is not used.


Lucky for me, I didn't really have to wait. 1 minute later and I'm guided to an available table. It is interesting how their design are very wood-ish. It feels like I am actually eating in a hawker center but with air conditioning and all.


Everything you need to eat is right there. All in wood.


Busy waiters waiting on a lot of tables


The menu are fairly simple because they only offer four types of dishes which is between the choice of soup, dry, chicken or beef. Not exactly rocket science so ordering isn't a problem. I started my order with 1 of each instead of 10 of each. Not gonna risk eating 10 bowls of something I don't like. 


One simple menu


Oh and contrary to what I was told, it is actually RM 1.90 per bowl! RM 0.10 makes a difference if you order 10 bowls! That's RM 1 difference! 100 bowls would be RM 10 difference! Kiamsiap (read: stingy) Chinese in action again! 

And if you're going, I recommend this Oishi Genmai Green Tea! It tastes refreshing and is different from your typical green tea. Though, it is only interesting to me. Others find it normal. 




I love how they put in a metal cup!
Like some childhood drink but instead of green tea, it was Milo ice! 


I personally think my opinion for the drink could be biased from my liking of the cup.

TIME TO MOVE ON AND MAKE WAY FOR THE STAR OF THIS POST..


Soup Chicken


Dry Chicken


Dry Beef


Soup Beef


My recommendations would be the dry ones instead of the ones in soup. When it came, I honestly was wondering just how few bites it takes to finish a bowl. Because while it is RM 1.90 per bowl, the portion has been shrunk to match. Of course, I savoured every bite and I ended up having quite a few (albeit small) bites before I finish a bowl. The meatball there is also just an average meatball, so factoring all that in, RM 1.90 per bowl is quite expensive. In my opinion, at least 10 bowls is needed for a normal serving portion. 1 bowl is seriously far from filling.

But, THE TASTE IS TO DIE FOR! Perhaps not so exaggerated but it is indeed quite yummy! You start with a small bowl, and you realize how you NEED just one more bowl. And another. Until you start ordering multiple bowls per order. It was as if the monster in my stomach is activated, fell in love and now it needs more! So I ended up disregarding the price and just enjoying the noodles. I probably love it because the taste was not something that I've tasted before. Something so new to my taste buds and it is so stimulating! 

The savory taste is enhanced with the help of the extra spices. I only tried the chili flakes and I think that totally made me crave for more. WARNING: IT'S REALLY SPICY!


Variety of extra stuff that you can add in with the noodle


Went there with half a full stomach so I didn't end up eating a lot. The trios sitting at the table next to me ate like 100 bowls or something. So amazed. 


Ended up with 10 bowls only. With 8 being dry and 2 being soup


I suck.. according to this chart. oops..


Not the best value for money shop but hey, I genuinely find the noodles yummy! Okay blogging about this makes me hungry again! Someone bring me to Boat Noodle? Pleaseeeee? 

Okay, I guess that's all I have about Boat Noodle. 

Bye bye for now~

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...