Sunday, October 12, 2014

Angry at Superstition

Hi!

This is gonna be a post where I just LET IT GO and vomit all my rant out! Honestly I wouldn't blog about it if it doesn't bother me. I really have no outlet to express how helpless I feel right now!

For the last semester of my uni life, I did a suicidal stunt by taking up psychology 101 despite coming from a business school. So it's like totally opposite from the units I usually face. That's downright daring and somewhat stupid for taking up that risk. Actually it's not my first time making extreme opposite choices. I was a full science student and I went on taking a business course which is totally irrelevant!  I almost cried in my first year accounting since I have no knowledge from SPM and the lecturer expects us to at least have learnt it in SPM or A-level. That was kinda sucky... So helpless. 

Anyway... (So easily get distracted), in psychology, they asked..
Do you believe that there's bad luck if you walk under a ladder? Or when a black cat crosses your path? Do you believe that rabbit foot brings you good luck?
If you answered 'yes' to any of those statements, you're kinda superstitious. By the way, all my answers were yes despite finishing the whole unit! Nyehehehe. Yes! In psychology, superstitious doesn't exist! It was merely COINCIDENCE in life which we refuse to accept it as a coincidence.  Even Tiger Woods believe that every Sunday, he must wear a red tee for good luck. We are all humans, we bound to find order in this crazily confusing world so it's normal for us to believe in crazy superstitious stuff. Even those that claim that they have 'sixth sense' are mostly con man and there's no actual scientific evidence to support their claims. 

But still.. Somehow I am still very superstitious. If you know of a taboo and you deliberately go do it then you ended up with accidents or something then you're gonna blame that taboo. So like why risk it right? Just take a little effort and avoid it right? No biggie.
And then.. A life changing news slam me in my face
Chinese are one of the races with a lot a lot of superstition beliefs. I don't know about other races since I only experienced being a Chinese (DUH!). Other races' culture i only know like bits and pieces from books. Like how I never knew that the way Indians fold their food wrapper (like banana leaves) means different thing. One is a compliment while the other one is the exact opposite.

Today, I encountered a Chinese lady in her mid 50s. She is one of the 'sifu' (like master) that has special ability to connect with the.... Let's just call it the special dimension. She took a good look at me... My heart started racing because seriously what if she says something bad? I have super memory so anything that goes in my brain does not goes out easily. Unless I choose to 'delete' the memories. Then she told me...
"You can't/ won't get married until you're past 30 years old"
*JENG JENG JENG*

Storms at my background! Tornado and tsunami plus some earthquake all around me happening at the same time! *so dramatic*

It is a LIE when a woman say "no la I don't wanna get married! I wanna be independent and free! Woman can do thing that a man could!". Seriously, I agree that there are some headstrong tough woman who can just do everything on their own. They don't need a husband. Some may just love being single and some are just in denial. But there still are a majority of female population who long for a marriage. I am proud to say I am one of them! 

Seriously, it's something I look forward to! It's like a whole new chapter of life that fairy tales promised that it would be the loveliest thing. Since I was a kid I just love to stare at the brides in their beautiful wedding gown and wonder how it feels like being a princess. And like most ordinary woman, I just wanna get married by 30 and have a kid after that. A very simple dream no?

But NOOOOOOOO! 

I won't get married early. I have to wait. Wait till my boobs sag to the floor and face needs Botox before I can get married. Like seriously it is again another LIE if you say there's no difference between the age of 20 and 30! BIG FAT LIE! So like when I go try out gowns I have to resort to 'sophisticated' instead of 'young' or 'sexy'? I can never experience wearing a wedding gown and feel like a princess? Seriously when you're 30 that's like the boundary of wedding dy. Most of my friends will be married with kids and they'll just think my wedding as another "oh faster laaa I wanna go home liao" event. Worst still when my relatives will rub in my face until I'm 30! "Why haven't get married ah? Woman got expiry date one you know? Wanna give birth then faster lo!". Like woman are merely child popping out machine (don't you hate those comments?)

So yea! I am those kind of people who fantasize once in a while and being married after 30 totally ruined my fantasy. Down right sad. I just think 30 is too old and too late. Very annoying! 

Is there anything I can do to like break the old curse? I wanna get married when I want to la! Not getting restarined by some... Invisible rule governed by the special dimensions! Sadly I am super superstitious and I simply can't overlook premonitions like these. 

Doesn't special dimension work well with Disney? What happened to all you need is true love huh?

I really don't wanna be an old bride. Wanna flaunt it while I'm young. Urghhhhhhhhhhhhh. Thus, I am very angry now at superstitious crap because it's totally screwing up with my wonderful fantasy! 

Bye now~ need a cold showed immediately! Bleeekkkk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...