Saturday, April 25, 2015

Premiere Screening of Avengers: Age of Ultron

Hey whatcha doing at this boring pink space?

Probably the word "Avengers" got your attention huh? IT SHOULD! After all, it is only THE most anticipated movie of the year! The whole pre-sale ticketing going on even 2 months before it was released was absolutely crazy. Well actually I thought of doing that too *ahem kiasu people* but I am worried like what if 1 or 2 months down the road and something random pops up? *lagi kiasu cause afraid of burning the tickets wtf*

I guess THANK YOU Nuffnang for the awesome premiere tickets! I was feeling HA! Thankfully I didn't buy pre-sale tickets! Get to watch before everyone else too *cue breeze in hair*! Can read my entry for the premiere screening tickets on my Dayre

Thank you Nuffnang!

Got an Avengers bottle too. Lol. Think I am quite annoying cause the Nuffies somehow remember me now.. Oops


Anyway!! Back to the review. One word...
EPIC!

I mean come on it's the Avengers! There is no way that you won't be attracted to it! But in my honest opinion, I think the first movie was marginally better. Yes the movie is good and all but compared to the first movie, Age of Ultron seems to be a little all over the place. The storyline didn't flow smoothly to me. Like it feels like a lot of unnecessary scene was added to make the movie cohesive. There's also quite a few "SUDDENLY" moments. The first movie was better at building up the story to its climax. 

Oh and if you look closely at the poster, you will notice a "hidden" avenger but it's up you to spot him. SO SNEAKY! NEVER REVEAL HIM AT ALL THROUGHOUT THE TRAILERS.. 

Nevertheless, the movie is still great!! A ★★★★★★★★★☆ (9/10) level! Without a doubt! The movie was 2.5 hours long and SERIOUSLY GO PEE before watching. Chances are, the green tea you had from Watami is gonna wanna burst your bladder by the time you reach the final most epic battle. FML! I think the toilet bowl may wanna give me a speeding ticket cause I literally was rushing my pee so I don't miss anything *TMI?*


So the movie was about stopping the world from total destruction by destroying this Ultron dude who is ironically an AI created by Tony Stark aka Iron Man using Loki's scepter (read: stick with shiny jewel) retrieved by the team from some group of bad guys. He was trying to harness the power of the shiny jewel Tesseract thing cause it's just not something any human has ever seen. He wanted to make Ultron into the ultimate peacekeeper. Like an army to defend our blue planet so that they can protect us from the war with aliens in the near future (roll eyes cause it was already excessively mentioned in Iron Man 3 right?). But Ultron turned out to be super rebellious and crazy. Trying to kill the Avengers while talking like Tony Stark. 

Haha. Sorry too cute I couldn't resist
Credit: 9gag
Now...
What makes the movie epic?
1) The CG effect


Okay I know there's a huge wow going around about the CG effect on Paul Walker's brother's face. But erm the whole movie seems like it was made in a green screen room. Lol. I have no idea how Iron Man can fly hulk down from a construction tower or how Ultron aka a walking robot gets to walk around like... as if he's real. This is really some Avengers magic! No mater first or second movie, the CG effects make everything look so impressive. Like how Veronica launches itself at Iron Man. Fuiyoh some epic stuff. Making cool stuff that looks like it's actually happening, THAT is so freaking amazing. 

Just in case you're wondering who's Veronica, well you just have to watch the movie. But hint: she's a huge 'woman'. 

2) Funny 


I love Iron Man and the Hulk most but I think the funniest one will forever be Thor! Anyone remembers the adopted brother joke from the first Avengers movie? Well he made a lot more jokes (not related to Loki) in this movie. Aside from enjoying the movie at the edge of my seat, I was also laughing my head off cause there's so many super lame joke moments.

So each of the avengers had a go at lifting Thor's hammer. But none of them could lift it up. Then, in a later scene, Captain America and Iron Man were discussing about ways to lift the hammer and they came up with this:

"If an elevator can carry Thor's hammer upwards, then it must be worthy." 

If you're not a fight fight fight, kill machines, fight fight fight kinda show's fan, go for the jokes! THE MOVIE IS HILARIOUS!

I can see why the characters are designed to be funny (sorry if they're not in the comics cause I didn't read em)! Stan Lee himself was also quite funny in the movie! Not just playing a mere hot dog vendor but he actually has like lines and made an 'interesting' way to exit his scene. Lol. Spot him spot him!! But he's kinda obvious so.. haha no way you can miss him (unless you went to pee during his scene).

3)  Black Widow was pregnant


Okay allow me to bring you back to point 1 again cause thank you CG for masking Scarlett Johansson's bump. She was in a super tight leather suit and she was supposed to be A FEW months into pregnancy. They CG away the bump and took a lot of close up shots for her. Oh they also CG her face on to the doubles apparently so she can avoid all the crazy jumping here and there action scenes.

She was also apparently hiding it behind a bar table and wearing high waist skirt so it can create the perfect camouflage for her tummy.  

Can't find a full picture of her in the dress but this was the said scene.
Credit: www.dailymail.co.uk

But OHMYGOSHHHHH how can I completely not notice the doubles or the CG. She looks damn sexy to me... Lol. Actually I didn't even suspect she was pregnant when I saw her in that dress. Is it possible to look like that during pregnancy? Just HOW?! I am sure I would just look like a Hippo or something T__T

HOWWWWW
Credit: http://www.ew.com/article/2014/07/18/avengers-age-of-ultron-scarlett-johanssons-pregnancy

4) Emotional 


There's a lot of emotions involved. Insecurities, fears, love...

Especially love. Love for your family, siblings and even just for someone you shouldn't/couldn't.

I can't reveal much here but it would be a super long post if I can just say everything out! Cause it's just a lot of..
Is he gonna die? Please don't be so cruel.. 
Why is he leaving her? To protect her? She really wants to be with you!
I would die if this happened to me... 
So much that I can't reveal here but there's really much more emotional side than the first movie. Except for when Phil died. But that's basically it. Unless you count Tony Stark calling Pepper but really... There's much more emotions involved this time round. Not tear jerking la but it's still something worth mentioning. 

5) The twins

Yay introducing the kesian-duo-with-super-sad back-story! 

They are actually human experiments but they ended up having some quite awesome powers I might say!

Credit: www.jokesunlimited.net

I like the sister's power more cause she can like control metal and hypnotize people! I always like characters that can use their mind power to control/destroy stuff! Like Violet in The Incredibles or Sue Storm from Fantastic 4! And her skirt in the final epic battle is A-MA-ZING! So short but never flips up! Or strategically flips away from the camera. LOL. I know it's a movie but so unrealistic one. 

The guy.. speed yea very cool. Though.. He's somehow not very appealing to me. Lol. No clue why though! He made me sad la.. For some reasons you would find out after watching the movie! hehe

6) Value for money

What a friend told me totally made sense! Pay for ONE movie but get SO MANY superheroes! So value for money! Haha. Which is yea true but it's also more diluted right since so many of them has to share the screen time. But yea there you go.. the coolest superheros are all gathered in one movie. So worth it! *kiam siap Chinese*

Alright alright! Think I'm almost done with my review. Yea it does has not-so-good moments like when Thor suddenly went to this pool and came back supporting Tony Stark's idea cause.. he had a vision. Right.. It just seems like added in for the sake of adding it in scene to me. But minor details! Overall.. IT IS GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! 

Please go watch it! Spend your weekend in the cinema is a pretty nice plan too right? :)

Okay I shall go now! My bed needs me! 

Bye bye

P/S: yes there is a post credit scene. Might not be what you were expecting, but a post credit scene nonetheless. The director is trolling with us wtf
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...