Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Premiere Screening of Mr Peabody & Sherman

Hello hello~

This is going to be a quick post because I have class later and guess who is completely not prepared for it?

So yesterday I scored myself a pair of tickets for Churpremiere of Mr Peabody & Sherman. Not only that, my tickets were VIP tickets from tweeting a short review of 300: Rise of an Empire. Speaking of lucky! 




Announcement by Churp Churp and I nearly screamed out of joy in class!



The perks of being a Churpremiere VIP is that the best seats in the cinema is reserved for you! I can totally get used to being a ChurpremiereVIP! Thanks Churp Churp for the awesome movie experience.



Aw man. No special VIP tickets?


There's actually a measuring ruler on the right but now it looks like Mr Peabody is judging my knees.


Eye level seats! Best in the cinema!



The movie experience was great but it is slightly ruined by the sub-par movie. I only give the movie a rating of ★★★★★★ (6/10). The movie to me was just an alright show, with a few jokes and puns here and there. The jokes are good on their own but the storyline was quite plain and boring.


The story is about Mr Peabody (WHICH IS A DOG! I TOTALLY DID NOT KNOW THAT), who is highly intelligent and won Nobel prizeS and is an industry leader. FYI he also invented Zumba! Sherman is his adopted human son.

"If a boy can adopt a dog, I don't see why a dog cannot adopt a boy."

Mr Peabody has a time machine called the WABAC, which he uses to bring Sherman back in time for history lessons. 


I honestly thought Mr Peabody was the boy and Sherman was the dog. Oops


Sherman was overly protected by Mr Peabody and on his first day at school, got into trouble with this girl, Penny. In the process of settling the dispute, Penny and Sherman somehow got into trouble with the WABAC and it's up to Mr Peabody's to rescue both of them.


Mr Peabody in action! Saving those two!


The movie mainly talks about the process of the rescue mission. Unfortunately, the story wasn't very well planned out and the plot seems to be so predictable. I dislike how they're travelling back in time and suddenly Crisis #1 happens, gets solved and Crisis #2 pops out. The lack of linkage between each crisis made the storyline seem dull to me. Perhaps I went in the cinema with too high of an expectation, so I was quite disappointed.

However, each "back to history" moment on its own is pretty good. I liked the moments where they meet a weird Da Vinci and a bunch of manly but silly Greeks fighting the Trojan War best. It's like the whole history was cartoon-ified and became really funny and interesting. Even though the storyline was not great, it does give you some good laughs! I was laughing throughout most of the hour and a half. A very good stress relieving movie.


Marie Antoinette, Cakes and the French Revolution!


The movie's main selling point is probably the whole father-son love thing because throughout the movie, Mr Peabody tried his very best to save his son, even if it means sacrificing himself. He wants Sherman to be knowledgeable and he definitely loves Sherman a lot! He even has to put up with Sherman's rebellious attitude. Sherman is growing up after all. He would like to spread his wings. But I feel so annoyed that he keeps doing things impulsively and cause more trouble to Mr Peabody. I feel tired just watching Mr Peabody rack his brain again and again just to bail Sherman out. And don't get me started about Penny! She's mean, likes to show off and is a SUPER MEGA OVER THE MOON AND BACK BRAT! I would say she deserved all the mishaps that happened to her.


The blonde girl on the right is Penny. I don't like her.


Overall, I would say I won't mind watching it on HBO, but to buy a movie ticket and watch in the cinema, I would definitely choose 300 over this. And even when I'm actually a huge fan of animated movies like Frozen, Wreck-it-Ralph, Cloudy with A Chance of Meatballs and a lot more; this movie did not make me scream in excitement. Don't get me wrong, it's not all that bad. But not that good either. It's just not memorable.

Alright~ That's all for today!

Bye~
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...