Sunday, September 21, 2014

Escape Zone Kota Damansara

Dear all,

I am writing today to inform everyone about this awesome place called.... *drum rolls*


Tadddadaaaa!

Okay you are wrong if you assume it is the Escape Room with a typo error. Cause it's really not. But it's of similar concept though. Choose a room you wanna die in and go in there and DIE!

I kid I kid. I am a real scaredy cat so every adventure into the Escape Zone or Escape Room is a challenge to me. 

So yeah, I am actually very attracted to the idea of going into a room full of clues and you have to solve all the clues in order to get out. I did went for Escape Room a few times. Lost several times and in the CSI room in Setiawalk, I just stood in a corner and panicked. The eerie music with the screaming lady in the background totally drove me NUTS!

So I avoided the whole escape idea for a bit (Actually no it was just like 2 weeks) until my cousin introduced me to Escape Zone. It is their opening week so every room is only RM 20 per person! Kiamsiap Chinese moment.. Again. RM 20 is like I CANNOT MISS THIS! I MUST GO~ MY KIAMSIAP NEEDS ME!

Here's the normal price list. Cheaper than Escape Room!

Adults: RM 25 (1 - 6pm), RM 35 (6pm onwards, weekends and public holidays)

Students & Below 18: RM 25

Kids below 120cm: FREE

There's 3 themes to choose from (For now. With more rooms coming soon!):








I was in number 76 getting my hair done when they are choosing the rooms. I was very very keen on classroom because honestly, it doesn't look eerie! In my defense, I was still traumatized by the previous CSI experience. 

When we reach there, we were told that classroom is a brightly lighted room and is also the easiest level, followed by puppet house and asylum as the hardest.

I sometimes short circuit and have YOLO moment. So true enough, I somehow agreed to attempt the puppet house. Look at the poster above, how does that not creep you out?! I was holding on to my friend and shrieking here and there for my dear life. I'm sorry if any of my team mates' ear drum got damaged by my high pitch screaming. 

Nevertheless, the room was very very VERY well designed. I was surprised cause for once the clues actually make sense and wasn't super impossible to figure out. PLUS it is 60 mins per game! I got extra 15mins to clear my Wannabe Detective Conan head. The room's structure, eerie level and the number of things to solve is just right. And guess what...
WE WON!
It's my first winning after like going for 3 or 4 times. I was so happy since we are one of the first few people who manage to get through!

And because of the free game giveaways to commemorate their first month of opening, I managed to score a free Asylum game as well! Again, the experience in Asylum is really different compared to my previous experiences in Escape Room. Like teamwork was never challenged this greatly! I must not reveal anything here so that the suspense can linger on! Hehehehe. Oh do check out their FB page for more giveaways aye?

Escape Zone is very different from Escape Room. For one, their staff are really friendly and they genuinely put your needs first/want you to enjoy the rooms. The vibe is different as well because the waiting area outside is playing nice and soothing music. I also won't mind standing outside because it's totally a friendly environment. I love it!

Oh I also love the location. Kota Damansara! Plus its only 2 streets away from Burger King and mamak! Supper after using too much brain anyone?

Don't be turned off by the ground floor entrance though! Escape Zone is actually located on the 4th floor and looks much much better up there.

I would say it's rates ★★☆ (9/10) and is a must visit place in KD!

Okay I shall go roll and continue being unemployed now!

See ya!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...